Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Wild Rose by Theresa Miller


Wild Rose
6.5" x 6.5" Watercolor on Paper
Another rose from the Botanical Gardens in Geneva. When the weather cools down, like it has in the past week or so, I love painting from the reference photos that I take during the summer. It's my way of "stretching" the season!
On a very personal note: My father-in-law passed away last weekend. He was a wonderful father-in-law to me, a great dad to David and an adoring grandpa for Alexandra. We'll miss him terribly.

4 comments:

Peter Breese said...

Great image Theresa!

Dianne Mize said...

Lovely painting!

Pierre Raby said...

Wonderful watercolor Theresa!
A beautiful and vibrante balance between subject and background.
And, by the way,
please accept my condolences for your father-in-law.
-Pierre

Theresa Rankin said...

Simple and stunning!! Lovely balance and grace!

Related Posts with Thumbnails