Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Mattie I by Theresa Miller

Mattie I
25cm x 18 cm Watercolor on Arches paper
Whoa, it's been so long since I posted a new painting here! I've been so busy getting ready for the holidays and didn't even notice how fast time passed! I imagine you can all relate....
Yesterday, I spent the whole day in my studio painting my friend's family pet, Mattie. I had the greatest time painting her, she is the sweetest and the friendliest Bernese Mountain dog I have ever seen and we all love her very much. I did two paintings of her (from photographs) and I shall post the other one here, tomorrow. These paintings are supposed to be Christmas presents to Mattie's Daddy, or rather, my friend's husband. So, if you happen to know him, please don't mention this post to him. Not yet, hehe.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Theresa! I didn't even notice this painting when I posted on the other painting of this dog! You have done just an amazing job of capturing the bright alertness and personality of Mattie. I KNOW the owner will be so thrilled with this gift... how could he not be? I just LOVE both these paintings - fantastic...

theresamillerwatercolors said...

thanks Joanne! your comments mean a lot to me!

Sandy Maudlin said...

Capturing the energy and love in a dog is tough to do in watercolors, but this one sure is a winner. I love the colors and spark of life he has. What a lucky 'dad' to get this for Christmas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails