Saturday, May 16, 2009

Chateau de Chillon -Table, Chairs and Sunlight by Theresa Miller

Chateau de Chillon - Table, Chairs and Sunlight
6.5" x 6.5" Watercolor on paper
I hear that Chateau de Chillon is one of the most famous medieval castles in Europe, so every time we have guests in town, that's one of the places we must stop by. Since I am always looking for light to put in my painting subjects, I found in this set of mismatched table and chairs a perfect model. I hope you get to visit the Chateau some day, if you haven't done so yet. There is a long history attached to it that's worth learning about.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I love shadows! This must have been a challenge but so worth it! It's beautiful.

Marie Theron said...

Theresa, you have absolute and complete control over the medium of watercolour! I agrre with Sheila about your use of light and shadow!

Mary Paquet said...

Theresa, I just love this piece and also the previous plant on the terrace. You are a master with painting light in watercolor. I love these pieces!

theresamillerwatercolors said...

Thank you ladies for the most supportive comments! I truly appreciate them!

Ambera said...

I'm always drawn to interiors, this is a really great work.

Susan Carlin said...

What a surprise to find this interior among your paintings! Th e light streaming through is very effective and dramatic. It's always wonderful to come visit. I'll have to stay in closer touch!

AC said...

Beautiful painting.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Liza Hirst said...

Wow! Great study of light and dark!

Related Posts with Thumbnails