Monday, September 14, 2009

Como, Italy


Como, Italy
Watercolor on paper
Como is a beautiful little town by the lake (Como), less than 30 miles north of Milan, in northern Italy. It took us around 30 minutes to get there from Milan by train (Cisalpino), a nice change in scenery from the crowded streets of Milan, full of shoppers. Como is crowded with a different crowd of people - laid back tourists enjoying their well deserved vacation. The above painting is a street scene just around the corner from the Duomo (Cathedral) in the middle of the town.

7 comments:

Lauren Maurer said...

I love your ciryscapes, Theresa!

Lauren Maurer said...

oops that was supposed to be cityscapes!

Mary Paquet said...

Thersea, this scene is just lovely. Looks like lots of wet in wet. Am I right? I love it!

Marie Theron said...

Hi Theresa, this is so Europe! I love the atmosphere. I also noticed that you used the cars so beautifully as part of the composition! I am the one who complained that more areas should be for pedestrians only! Inspired by you, I will tackle the cars next time!

theresamillerwatercolors said...

Thank you all!

Mary, I have been doing lots of wet-on-wet recently, I love it! Thank you for stopping by my blog!

Marie, I agree with you, there should be more streets for pedestrinas only... I love painting cars and people - they put so much soul in the painting! Glad to know you've been inspired!

mario said...

What a wonderful painting! laura, I love Como and I live very near .

mario said...

Sorry! Theresa!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails