Friday, April 9, 2010

Butterfly on Dhalia (Chateau de Crans)

Butterfly on Dhalia (Chateau de Crans)
6" x 6" Watercolor on paper
I missed painting these small studies I used to paint before.... I painted the above from a reference photo I took at the beautiful flower gardens of the Chateau de Crans pres Celigny when we were invited to visit the grounds, wine celars and the interior of the castle and had refreshments and wine at their beautiful yard with views of the vineyards, Lake Geneva, and the Alps. The castle is a private residence and not open to the public, however, if you would like to see and read more about it you can visit this link: http://www.swisscastles.ch/Vaud/chateau/crans.html

3 comments:

Marie Theron said...

You have a keen eye, Theresa...I can cry when someone paints all the petals of a flower the same. Now you show how it is done, every petal is in an individual position. I love the placing of that butterfly that gives the painting an off-center focus!

theresamillerwatercolors said...

Thank you Marie, I never thought about the petals before but for certain I'll be thinking of you when I do flowers next time and will make sure that each of my petals have a different personality! Thank you for always being so generous with your comments, I appreciate it!

Marian Fortunati said...

Gorgeous!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails